Most astrologers will tell you that it’s a bad idea to look at such notions as death in a birth chart. And those astrologers make some excellent points. Then again, that’s never stopped me from looking at the issue, such as with my blog entries about Natasha Richardson
and Isaac Hayes,
especially when their transits show such classic signs.
(This of course is also my chance to gently cajole you, if you are a professional astrologer yourself and not afraid of hard technicalities, to buy and absorb “The Astrology Of Death,” written by the late great Richard “I died when I said I would” Houck.)
Word has just arrived about the death of pop hypermegastar/possible child molester/uber-weirdo Michael Jackson of a heart attack today in Los Angeles. And even at a cursory glance, there are some very distinct signs that, if MJ had consulted a knowledgeable astrologer, a warning could have been delivered. How much good that warning would have done, however, is another question…
Before we get into the details, a warning: the time of birth I’m using is from a generally-accepted rectification. One always needs to be cautious with these things, but from what I can see (and what I know about Michael Jackson) it looks accurate.
The big warning signs I’m seeing:
-Saturn opposing the natal Moon and squaring natal Saturn: never a good time. I know Jackson had recently announced a tour to help pay some bills, and I personally always thought he hated the idea. That’s the sort of thing that is hard on a heart… both the situation, and the Saturn transit.
-The two pre-natal eclipse points (PNEs) in MJ’s birth chart are at 3’26” Libra and 17’30” Aries. PNE’s in a birth chart are easy to forget to look at, even for a thorough astrologer, but they have their place, especially in matters of death. Were there any aspects by transit to those points at time of death?
- The last lunar eclipse (and Pluto) both closely squared the Libra point.
- As of the eclipse, transiting Saturn quincunxed the Aries PNE, and Venus and Mars semi-sextiled it. Either one of these (relatively minor) aspects might not have grabbed my attention individually, but together they seem to demand attention.
Finally, the most telling aspects are complex and difficult to explain here (actually they aren’t but it would take a book. And that book would be “The Astrology Of Death” by Richard Houck. Have I mentioned that book yet?) but if you like you can work out this Astrology Of Death technique for yourself.
1) Convert the chart to Vedic (Sidereal, whole-sign houses.)
2) Note the rulers of the 2nd and 7th Houses… in MJ’s case, Venus and Mars (again: rectification warning here!)
3) Check the transits to those planets by both transiting planets and planets transiting those points by Tertiary Progression (not secondary progression).
Let me tell you… in Michael Jackson’s case, the results are pretty spooky. Don’t take my word for it: work it out for yourself.
Also, if you love someone… maybe now would be a good idea to let them know.
(Discounts on consultations? Click HERE for details. In San Francisco on Saturday, June 26? Come and see me HERE for post-eclipse advice!)
Astrology For Life On Earth